Squeak listening to specific IP Addresses?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jan 21 06:13:44 UTC 2004

On Jan 20, 2004, at 12:40 PM, Ian Piumarta wrote:

>> In general I think it's
>> advantageous to model the Squeak primitives to closely resemble the
>> BSD
>> sockets interface just on the general grounds of simplifying the VM
>> implementation.
>
> No disagreement there, assuming John wouldn't have to rewrite a bunch
> of really stale and ugly Mac prims to cope...
>
> Ciao,
> Ian

This is not a problem the old os-9 open transport code currently does
as an example.

             OTInitInetAddress(&epi->localAddress, 0, kOTAnyInetAddress);

which is part of the DoBind() procedure which binds the connection
(like like a socket) to the remote and local sides.

If you pass in the port, and the interface address we'll use that
instead of the 0, and kOTAnyInetAddress {meaning any interface address}

===