ChangeSorter: bug or feature?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jan 22 08:14:55 UTC 2004

"frits.swinkels" <frits.swinkels at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I loaded a changeset from an outside source and did some work in it. I
> then loaded a later changeset in which the outside source had done
> some more work: I loaded this changeset under a different name. I wanted
> to compare the two changesets in a DualChangeSorter. To my
> surprise both panes showed the same new source code for methods of the
> same name (and class), i.e. my work was wiped out.

As others have said - ChangeSets - when they are in the image - are
*not* so intuitive since they don't remember the actual code that they
contain on disk.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that your work (as you probably know) is
still recoverable from the changes log.

regards, Göran

PS. The general advice to use Monticello instead is of course the way to
go. I used changesets before, and even if you know how they work they
still manage to screw you over sometimes. Class renames anyone? Ouch.
Anyway, Monticello is simply so much better in so many ways.