Error during install of KomHttpServer 6.2 in Squeak3.7a-5657 image

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jan 23 08:24:48 UTC 2004

"Peter William Lount" <peter at ActiveInfo.CA> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get a pop up with "Error occured during install: =
> UndefinedObject>>versionString" when attempting to install KomHttpServer =
> 6.2 into a Squeak 3.7a-5657 image.
>
> A side note: If during the install I answer "yes" to the prompt about =
> "no".
>
> Sounds like a SqueakMap 2 problem?
>
> Any ideas anyone?

Yes, SM2 uses VersionNumber (version 1 posted on SM) and adds two loose
methods (versionString and versionStrinOn:).
Unfortunately KomHttpServer somehow - according to your findings (I
haven't tested myself yet) - seems to nuke my loose methods. The SAR
probably contains VersionNumber and I haven't looked at how it is filed
into the image.

regards, Göran

PS. Oh, btw - please drop the HTML in list emails. :)