SMASH (Was: Squeak listening to specific IP Addresses?)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 23 11:31:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:50:48AM -0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> > That aside, let's go whole hog!  Make a real BSDSocket class that has
> > all the functions BSD sockets are supposed to have.  To get an idea of
> > what is required, download Scheme Shell and look what they did; I have
> > heard they have a quite thorough wrapper for BSD sockets into Scheme,
> > plus some nice utilities sitting on top of them.
> >
> > 	http://www.scsh.net
>
> So we're wanting to develop the SMAlltalk SHell then? I can just see it now:
>
>   /usr/local/bin/smash

Don't laugh, I've already done this and it works reasonably well.
Except that I installed it as /usr/local/bin/sqsh, and I like your
name much better!

I'll include this next time I put out a CommandShell release, although
I've got a lot of changes to merge first. Yes, I know, I need to start
using Monticello, which I'm definitely going to do RSN.

Dave