[ANN] OpenOffice Importer

Diego Gomez Deck DiegoGomezDeck at ConsultAr.com
Sat Jan 24 17:46:05 UTC 2004

Hi folks...

After weeks of discussion about RTF importer in this list I decided to
"teach by example" and I invested real time doing real code.

The result of the (in progress) work can be found at:

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3624

The first version is enough to import text from OO (OpenOffice) text
document preserving font sizes, colors, alignment, links, etc as the
mandatory screenshots show.

To consider "closed" this project I have to work on:

- font mapping
- complete the utf8 converter to handle unicode character (probably I'll
wait for m17n before going deeper)
- import images embebed in documents
- import vectorial draws from SVG format
- ask the user for the type of object to create (BookMorph, Workspace or
GeeMailMorph)
- import Impress presentations converting them to BookMorphs or a set of
projects

Based on my conviction that Squeak has to be THE media I don't plan to
create an exporter to OO format.

Enjoy it,

--
Diego Gomez Deck