Enhanced IRC

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Fri Jan 23 15:32:35 UTC 2004

I was reading yesterday's logs for the #squeak IRC channel
(http://tunes.org/~coreyr/read.php?chan=squeak&date=04.01.22), and I saw
the Steve Wessels was online.  Hi, Steve!

I thought I would point out that I created a Monticello package
(hopefully correctly, using "network-irc" and "network-irc-override" for
class extension methods) that combines:
- the IRC package that was in the 3.7 image until recently (when it was
extracted and put on SqueakMap)
- Steve's Enhanced IRC package
- a small tweak to one of the UI classes, to remove a dependency on
Steve's Skins package
- a small tweak to IRCConnection, just changing a Socket >> getData
reference to Socket >> receiveData

You can find my latest .mcz at
http://modules.squeakfoundation.org/People/bkv/mc/irc ; feel free to use
this a Monticello-friendly starting point for integrating the other
fixes floating around out there.