[BUG][SM2] Upgrading SM2 Base from 0.91 to 0.92 deletes VersionNumber>>versionStringOn:

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jan 25 16:11:28 UTC 2004

ned at squeakland.org wrote:
> I took a 3.7a-5623 image, opened a Package Loader, installed Monticello,
> and then tried to upgrade to SqueakMap2 base 0.92 (from 0.91).

Yes, this is interesting. I consider this to be some sort of bug in
Monticello. In 0.91 I had two methods #verstionString and
#versionStringOn: as loose methods in class VersionNumber.

Then I realised after some confusion that #versionStringOn: isn't mine -
it is already there in Stephen's original package. Not sure how this
came to be.

(Strangely enough in my image #versionString also has "svp" as initials,
have no idea.)

So in 0.92 I naively recategorized #verstionStringOn: back to "printing"
instead of "*smbase-printing". But... the snapshot of SMBase now
suddenly doesn't have that loose method anymore - so instead of
recategorizing it to "printing" when you upgraded from 0.91 to 0.92, it
simply removed the method! Ooops. (Note: But not if you only have
MCInstaller in your image)

This probably gives Avi a headache. ;)

To patch things up I have deleted 0.92 and released 0.93 with the method
back. Also included your cleanups, and some other small things.

regards, Göran