layouts

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramiro at novamens.com
Mon Jan 26 15:50:30 UTC 2004

Regarding the laying out of Morphs, I've seen that in the TableLayout it
is not
posile to "fix" a specific number of rows and columns.  When you resize
the main
container window, components scroll up or down like if they were words
on a word processor.  Besides that, I also could not find a way to tell the
layout manager that a specific component might occupy, for instance
3 cells horizontally and 1 vertically.
I am sure that these things are resolved in some way in Squeak, if anybody
could point me a *complex* window layout example to learn from it would be
great.
Another question: why packages are not naturally nested on a tree
structure in
Squeak ?  Wouldn't it be much more confortable than the current
situation where
all the people write category names with hiphens to denote inclusion.

By the way, my experience so far coding in Squeak has been great, I believe
it will be my environment of choice until I retire  ;)

Bye bye,
Thank you.

--
Ramiro Diaz Trepat