Old bugs all closed (FINALLY)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Jan 26 23:00:51 UTC 2004

After fits and starts and reattempts I've finally managed to close all
of the old bugs in BFAV.  As I mentioned before in my first pass the
messages were only sent to the squeak-harvest list because it seems that
the Cc: field was ignored.  This is just as well I think.  I wrote some
code today to send copies to all of the original submitters and had
second thoughts as I examined the expected results and realized that the
top 10 senders would receive nearly a third of the messages.

I talked it over with Craig Latta and he recommended that I send only
one message to each distinct sender and that's what I did.  You all
should have one message from me that includes a count of timed out
messages they you sent.  I think this was the better approach as, for
example, Ned would have gotten 369 messages from me if I had followed
the original plan.

This should complete this process.  Happy reviewing and harvesting!

Ken