Are developers initial useful ?

Samir Saidani saidani at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Jan 27 15:47:49 UTC 2004

Hello,

But I don't understand why it is efficient to enter our initials
instead our whole name. In the smalltalk style, we usually prefer to
be clear when we use a name for a variable... MyVariable in Squeak
instead v, but ns in Squeak instead NameSurname ?? It sounds for me
not coherent with the clarity principle widely used in Smalltalk. I
think this initials usage is more historical than efficient, and it
demands extra-work without benefits.

Regards,
Samir