< button in Lexicon (was: Re: Finding original change sets in the Version Browser)

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Jan 28 11:24:11 UTC 2004

Hi, Mike,

Hitting the < button instructs the Lexicon to show the method it was
showing just before it switched to the method that it is currently
showing.

Given this definition, hitting < twice in succession will take you
from method A to method B and then back to method A -- precisely the
phenomenon you cite.

But I agree that it's not unreasonable to expect that this button
might behave more like a "Previous" button in a web browser, so that
successive pressings of < would result in a reverse traversal of the
sequence of methods that had been viewed.

Perhaps someone will take an interest in pursuing such a feature...

Cheers,

  -- Scott