[BUG] Monticello Browsing Package and *Extensions

Samir Saidani saidani at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Jan 30 18:55:34 UTC 2004

Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> writes:

> Samir Saidani wrote:
>> Weird !
>> Take a vanilla Squeak 3.6 #5424, load a SMSqueakMap2 (Squeak asks for
>> it), then Monticello Package v94,
>> In category Test, add MyTestClass derived from PackageInfo, add a
>> methodCategoryPrefix ^'*test' then add where you want this protocol.
>> Add the Test Package in Monticello, Browse it : all it's ok.
>> Rename it '*test protocol' with appropriate changes, it works.
>> '*Test protocol' don't work.
>> *Testprotocol don't work.
>> *testprotocol work.
>> *testProtocol don't work
>> *test Protocol don't work.
>> Could you try ?
>
> If you package is called "Test" then I wouldn't expect it to pick up
> any of those (the fact that it picks up '*test protocol' sounds like a
> bug). If you want it to be part of the Test package, you should name
> the method category '*test' or '*test-protocol'...
>
> Or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

In my mind, as a monticello user, the methodCategoryPrefix I choose is
totally disconnected from the package name since nothing in monticello
doc says the opposite : if I have a package named MyTestInfo, I can
name the method category '*myTest' which seems to be quite reasonable
or whatever like '*my super Test', maybe more fantaisist, but both
don't work anyway. I really don't understand why there is a constraint
on the name of methodCategoryPrefix, but if there is one, could you
clearly state what is this constraint in a readmeText of monticello
package ?  I spend a lot of time to figure out what is the naming
policy !

Thanks a lot for your support, I really like this tool !

Samir