[BUG HUNT!]ImageSegment loading troubles revisited

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Jul 2 14:04:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 08:40, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
> Goran,
>
> thank you for your report with the insight hints.
> Actually I don't want to debug the C code, but when it becomes necessary
> your hints could help.
>
> I don't like raw gdb, too...
>

> Greetings
> Stephan

I can agree with this sentiment.

However not too long ago I had to do some VM debugging myself in
connection with Squat and found the two graphical frontends to gdb that
I tried (insight and ddd) to get in the way when it came to actually
examining the data.  Trying to look at Squeak objects from the VM side
required rather complex print statements and I found that frankly much
easier to do from the command line.  However I have to admit that I had
spent little time with these debuggers previously so it may have simply
been a lack of knowledge on how to work with them that caused my
problems.

Ken