CVS? SF? cvs.squeakfoundation.org? Confusion! :)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Jul 5 19:56:25 UTC 2004

Hiya all!

After using Ian's 3.7b-5 sources (works kinda fine) I decided to instead
use the CVS sources from SF. But I kept getting a weird error on
checkout - which apparently others get too (permission denied about
creating some /tmp/cvs-yaddayadda directory - on the server that is).

And then Ken, Cees and I got chatting on IRC about the CVS move to sqf.
And Cees said - he has rigged CVS. Fine! So I thought - perhaps we
should take the chance and make the move.

But hey! What do I find? It seems someone has already made the move (the
proper way too it seems - copying the RCS files, not just
checkout/checkin)! But... who?

And more importantly - do people KNOW? :)

So if anyone has any good answers to the above - please enlighten us. IF
the move has been done properly - then we need to shut down SF ASAP -
because otherwise we end up in a MESS.

regards, Göran

PS. And of course - thanks to anyone who did it. I am guessing asparagi
perhaps?