CVS? SF? cvs.squeakfoundation.org? Confusion! :)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Jul 5 23:43:24 UTC 2004

Hi VM hackers and all!

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> On Monday 05 July 2004 12:56 pm, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > After using Ian's 3.7b-5 sources (works kinda fine) I decided to instead
> > use the CVS sources from SF. But I kept getting a weird error on
> > checkout - which apparently others get too (permission denied about
> > creating some /tmp/cvs-yaddayadda directory - on the server that is).
>
> It works OK if you use your SF login and don't use the anon CVS.
>
> That is:
> 	cvs -d :ext:nedkonz at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/squeak -z3 co squeak

Ok.

> > And then Ken, Cees and I got chatting on IRC about the CVS move to sqf.
> > And Cees said - he has rigged CVS. Fine! So I thought - perhaps we
> > should take the chance and make the move.
>
> Sure. It's clear that SF doesn't want us.
>
> > And more importantly - do people KNOW? :)
[about the fact that the contents at SF had already been copied over]
> I didn't.
>
> > So if anyone has any good answers to the above - please enlighten us. IF
> > the move has been done properly - then we need to shut down SF ASAP -
> > because otherwise we end up in a MESS.
>
> We are already:
[Ned posted some diffs showing that SF has already newer commits since
the copy was made]

Sigh... I do wonder when and who did the move it was of course helpful -
but no real point in doing it unless we all decide at the same time and
shut down SF too. :)

Ok, I think we should re-make the move. Anyone against? :) I am guessing
not.

The move that had been done seemed like a proper one (full history
preserved etc) so it would be nice if we could just redo it. :)

Anyone up to it? I am not sure about SSH access, etc - it was a long
while since I fiddled on SF.

regards, Göran

PS. I am on IRC, more or less all week. :)