64bit VM was: Re: Squeak on AMD64

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Tue Jul 6 03:22:09 UTC 2004

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
 > I saw your mesage in the squeak-dev archive.
 > I'm trying to build on an Alpha and am getting
 > the same time_t error.  How did you continue beyond
 > this, if at all?  Thanks for any tips.
 >
 > Jiann-Ming Su
 > "Yeah, Lois, that'll be about as much fun as a lecture on
 >  		      ontological empiricism."  --Peter Griffin

Hello,

As far as a 64bit Squeak, it stopped me. However, on the AMD64 I was
able to continue with the 32bit builds for i386 unix.

Maybe Dan or Ian will let us know when the new VM is at an alpha/beta
release stage, so when can give it a try.

Ian has cleaned up the source and it is supposed to be 64bit clean now.

Hopefully it will be released pretty soon.

Hope this helps.

Jimmie Houchin