problems building debian packages

Jiann-Ming Su js290 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 6 19:11:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Bryce Kampjes wrote:

> That problem is probably because you do not have libtool installed.
> I ran into those problems last night in Debian testing. Installing
> libtool fixed them.

Yeah, that's the problem.  I did install libtool earlier today, but it
was still failing on the autoconf.  Just before I read your email, I was
able to autoconf through the sources I checked out from CVS.  After I
read your email, I deleted my existing squeak sources from the debian
packages and reinstalled them.  It now gets through the without problems.
I think "libtool" needs to be added to the control file.

But, I still run into the 64-bit problem:

  checking "size of time_t"... "bad"
  configure: error: "one or more basic data types has an incompatible size: giving up"
  make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1

Jiann-Ming Su
"Yeah, Lois, that'll be about as much fun as a lecture on
 				   ontological empiricism."  --Peter Griffin