Inspector UI Refreshing

Peter Keeler keelerp at cse.ogi.edu
Wed Jul 7 00:24:36 UTC 2004

Hi all.

I've been working on a new brand of Inspector for Sets called (wait for
it...) a SetInspector. I used Celeste recently to post a message about it
to the list, although I don't know if it worked properly. It appeared as
if it ate the comments I wrote to go along with the attachment, but I'm
not sure. If anyone could tell me if I did something wrong, I'd appreciate
it.

The main problem I'm having is that the Inspectors seem to refresh their
contents sporadically and unpredictably. I'd really like to improve this
so that when I know for a fact that the contents of one of the panes has
been altered, I can force a refresh. It would also be nice to get into the
guts of the refreshing mechanism and make it a bit less haphazard, if that
is a possibility. At this point, however, I am completely unable to find
any clue as to how the refreshing happens. Does anyone know a bit about it
that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
  Peter