Extending TransferMorph - dropping classes onto the desktop

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 03:56:43 UTC 2004

I would like to have a listener mechanism for TransferMorph so that my program
can do something when someone drags a Class out of a system browser and onto
the World desktop.

TransferMorph>>justDroppedInto:event: appears to provide the hook, but it turns
out to be an incomplete, non-functional implementation.  TransferMorph even has
an unused instance-variable, 'dropNotifyRecipient'.  Since new TransferMorphs
are generated for a drag event, I'm not clear whether this approach is useful,
but it's still clutter that could stand some cleaning.

If this *is* clutter, may I clean it up and develop some kind of listener hook
for TransferMorphs?  I'll do the work for according to whatever parameters the
community wants for its implementation, I just need the notification.

I sometimes have trouble with the process of getting fixes, let alone
enhancements, even *noticed*, let alone approved.  I appreciate any advice for
improving this as well.

Thanks!
  Chris