Questions about sqkPage

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jul 10 07:54:39 UTC 2004

Hi all

I'm trying to fix the server related code of BookMorph and while
browsing the class
I noticed that page use a property named SqueakPage and I have a couple
of question.

- what is a SqueakPage?
any PasteUpMorph?

- Then what is the policy to use a property versus an instance variable?
Here I have the impression that using property was because there is no
BookMorphPage
class and any PasteUpMorph  could be a book page. Can a bookmorph page
be something else
than a PasteUpMorph?

- the problem with property is that it is much more difficult to
identify and understand.
It seems that BookMorph overly used property: for example, what is the
reason to have
dontWrapAtEnd as property and not as instance variable?
Why keepTogether, uniformSize are a property and not an instance
variable?
Is it because this was introduced gradually and introducing properties
instead of instance variables
make saved morph break less?

Stef