[BUG][SM] Squeak map broken at server?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Jul 10 13:00:37 UTC 2004

Hi Stephan!

Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:
> I always get the PackageLoader error
>   Error occured when updating map: UndefinedObject>>do:
> in a recent image. After that the package loader comes up or works
> further, but does it use the actual map then?

Nope, it doesn't - the failure is most probably when loading the
ImageSegment.
This is the bug we have been discussing on this list recently - I am
pretty sure.
If you press alt-. (at the OK dialog), bring up debugger and do "full
stack" you should see that it is in .... .

(Sidenote: Just improved that dialog so that it asks if you want to
debug. :))

And if this is the case, try if it works if you start the VM with
"-memory 30m". I guess you are on perhaps Linux 2.6 or OpenBSD? :)
Because we other two how have noticed are on those OSes. Oh yeah, and
some strange RiscOS thingy too. :)

> Removing the sm dir hasn't helped (so this doesn't seem to be a broken
> files problem).

Nope, it isn't.

> Greetings
> Stephan

regards, Göran

PS. I think I will release a new and improved package loader later
today.