"Save Project on File" "almost hangs" Squeak?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Jul 10 13:06:04 UTC 2004

Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > Ehmm. So you could create *another* Project and save that one?
>
> Yes
>
> > Then it
> > can't be a general issue with ImageSegment saving. Did you try to do
> > alt-. while it is running? That will hopefully get a notifier so that
> > you can get into the debugger and/or send a debug.log.
>
> Doing Atl-. while the "Save as" is running brings me to the debugger.

Goodie!

> Unfortunately I do not know enough about Squeak or it's debugger to get a
> debug.log. I made a screenshot of where I get after Atl-. ,  and can attach

Ned explained in another post - check that.

> (70K),please let me know if it makes sense / would help to attach it here. Or
> if I can be helped to get the "log".
>
> > Also - saving a Project on file should produce (IIRC) a so called
> > "export" ImageSegment, otherwise it wouldn't be loadable in another
> > image.
>
> Unfortunately I do not know enough about Squek to know what this  means :(

Nothing important - it sounded like you were wondering if a saved
Project actually resulted in a so called "export ImageSegment" instead
of a non-export ImageSegment (there are two kinds). A non-export
ImageSegment can't be loaded into another image. Project files are
always export ImageSegments.

But anyway, as I said - not relevant.

If you post that log we can probably figure it out. I hope. :)

regards, Göran