Some Newbie questions

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Jul 10 13:16:45 UTC 2004

Jochen Riekhof <jochen at riekhof.de> wrote:
> Hi...
>
>  while developing WarpSketchMorph, my first Morphic experience, a couple
> of apparent newbie questions arised. Here they are:
> 1. How can I make that my Morph shows up in the alphabetical morph menu?

Not sure. :)

> 2. What is necessary for a Morph to become part of the Squeak-Map?

Alexander wrote some about this - just go to:

	http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm

..and get yourself an account. Note: We like real names in this
community. :)

Then you should be able to create a package and a release for it using
the web UI. A hint: some listboxes are multi-select so use ctrl-click.
Both .pr files and .cs files are fine. And a few other format too. And
you can compress them so that they are named .pr.gz or .cs.gz etc.

> 3. Is there a new VM planned for 3.7? I use the 3.6 VM now as I did not
> find anything newer for download.

There will be new VMs coming out with the release. There is a 3.7b-5 for
Unix available at Ian's site for example. And you can always build your
own. :)

> 4. Should I port WarpSketchMorph to be a subclass of ImageMorph instead
> of SketchMorph? I read somewhere that the latter  is kind of deprecated.

Not sure.

> 5. Is it possible to open a Browser on the class of the contents of a
> workspaceVariable?
[SNIP]

Not that I know. The only three "do it"-commands are do-it, print-it and
inspect-it. We could of course add a browse-it too. :)

> Ok, ok, I stop now :-).

:)

regards, Göran

PS. "Online help" is also available on #squeak at irc.freenode.org.
There are usually a few people hanging there around the clock, including
me.