"Save Project on File" "almost hangs" Squeak?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 10 15:33:07 UTC 2004

Ned,

Thanks - please see inline and attached file:

On July 10, 2004 01:00 am, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 8:51 pm, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > > Then it
> > > can't be a general issue with ImageSegment saving. Did you try to do
> > > alt-. while it is running? That will hopefully get a notifier so that
> > > you can get into the debugger and/or send a debug.log.
> >
> > Doing Atl-. while the "Save as" is running brings me to the debugger.
> > Unfortunately I do not know enough about Squeak or it's debugger to get a
> > debug.log. I made a screenshot of where I get after Atl-. ,  and can
> > attach (70K),please let me know if it makes sense / would help to attach
> > it here. Or if I can be helped to get the "log".
>
> If you have the standard Preference settings, the debug log file should be
> produced automaticaly in the same directory when you interrupt Squeak with
> an Alt-. keystroke.

Interesting - I should have standard Preferences (I only changed Fonts etc),
my "logDebuggerStackToFile" is checked (is it the option that controls the
log?) - but I cannot get a "debug.log" or any log, what I was doing:
	- Alt-.
		- User Input dialog appears
	- I select "Debug"
		- no log yet
	- I tried miscelaneous stuff at this point (Full Stack, Proceed, Restart),
but no "debug.log" or similar appeared
		- still no log

Not sure if that means I am missing something or there is a option or bug ..

BUT:

	- after CTRL-click on "user interrupt window" and selecting "mail out bug
report", and a few questions I pasted the content into a file that is
attached ... I am not sure the email from Squeak got through, does not seem
so, it did not ask me my mailserver id/password, so I attached the file.

Goran and Ned, Thanks for your time helping me here,
Milan