ServerDirectory Question

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Jul 10 20:05:29 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm trying to understand how to use ServerDirectory or ServerFile to
define a file server on
my local disk.
I saw that to add a server I should do something like that:
"Please fill in the following info, then select all text and choose
DoIt."
	| aa |
	self flag: #ViolateNonReferenceToOtherClasses.
	aa _ ServerDirectory new.
	aa server: 'st.cs.uiuc.edu'.    "host"
	aa user: 'anonymous'.
	aa password: 'yourEmail at school.edu'.
	aa directory: '/Smalltalk/Squeak/Goodies'.
	aa url: ''.    "<- this is optional.  Only used when *writing* update
files."
	ServerDirectory addServer: aa named: 'UIUCArchive'.  "<- known by this
name in Squeak"

Does anybody has an example of ServerFile around?

Then while browsing the class ServerDirectory I stumbed on

ServerDirectory>>fromUser
	"Ask the user for all data on a new server.  Save it in a named
server."

which is empty and not subclassed
I do not understand it. Should it be removed? I guess so.

Stef