[IMPORTANT]How to use "published" on SM

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Jul 11 17:36:50 UTC 2004

On Jul 11, 2004, at 9:24 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> Hi people!
>
> No serious bug reports yet on the new SM Package Loader, perhaps noone
> is using it. :)

Well, it Works For Me. ;)

> Now... is that CLEAR? :)

Crystal.  One thing that I might suggest (I think you may have
mentioned this before) is that SM keep a server-side cache of published
releases (and only of published releases), to really guarantee that
they will be permanently available.  I'm not sure what the loader
behavior should be - try to hit the listed URL, and only if that fails
go to the SM cache?

SqueakMap is shaping up nicely, keep up the good work.
<insert nag about dependencies here/>

Cheers,
Avi