Summary of "Magma notes" issues

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Jul 12 12:06:46 UTC 2004

Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2004, at 6:38 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Now people - PLEASE. Cool down, and get back to positive discussion. I
> > would LOVE to hear from Chris at this point saying that he wants Avi's
> > thoughts and feedback - because I know he does. And I would LOVE for
> > this feedback etc to continue on a positive note.
>
> Goran, I think you missed the point of my post.

Ok, not sure what I missed in that case.

> Why is it so important
> to keep the peace? Conflict and criticism are *good* as long as they
> don't get out of hand, and we're not even close to that point here.

Well, perhaps I am silly in thinking that peace is important. I don't
consider "conflict" to be good, criticism of course, but "conflict"
(though my english may tripping me here) doesn't strike me as being
something good.

The thing is that the written word so easily gets out of hand. I wanted
to cool you guys down because IMHO you (Chris and Avi) were heading in
the wrong direction. Chris could just as easily have said - "well, screw
you then, I am just trying to help" - perhaps because he thought he was
being wrongfully accused of being "condescending" or whatever. These
things so easily escalate from nothing.

And then it would have been the end - just because of a lot of subtle
misunderstandings probably due to different styles in email
communication.

> It
> didn't appear to me that any of the posts in this thread were made in
> anger - I know I wrote mine carefully and calmly, with the intention of

Yes, but you can say accusing things calmly too.

> helping Avi, Chris and the rest of the community. I said what I wanted
> to say, though it may not have been what people wanted to hear.
>
> Colin

Well, what can I say - I am just trying to get you guys back to
exchanging thoughts instead of accusations. Period. Sue me. :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) <- smiley flooding

regards, Göran