Link to remote projects

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Jul 12 17:51:09 UTC 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 2:25 pm, Michele Chinosi wrote:
.
> I've a little problem. I would create a little presentation with the
> projects made by my students during this year.
> I've seen a very good and simple idea with projets about HTMR (How the
> mouse roars). There are many projets linked directly on the server using
> ProjectView.
> I've tried to use it for my projetcs, but for linking projects I've to open
> them somewhere. In other words, I can't link projets from local dirs
> without open them in an other project.

Hi Michele,

No need to repeat yourself. Your prior message got through.

You may be better off asking on the squeakland list (see
http://squeakland.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakland/ about this), but...

The HTMR presentation (http://209.143.91.36/super/328) on Bob's Super Swiki is
a bunch of remote projects on a Super Swiki.

But I don't understand what you're trying to do. When you say "create a little
presentation", do you mean:

* make a Squeak image that you can use to demo all the projects, and put it
and all the project files on a single disk somewhere, or
* make a Squeak image that links to remote projects on your own servers, or
* make a Squeak image that links to remote projects on HTTP servers, or
* make a Super Swiki structure like Bob's Super Swiki that you can use to
publish the projects on the Internet or LAN to be accessed from a web browser
or from a Squeak image, or
* something else?

Thanks,
--