How to improve Squeak

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Jul 13 06:15:57 UTC 2004

lex at cc.gatech.edu wrote:
> My goodness, 38 posts and no one answered the question itself.  Everyone
> is making plans and proprosing processes, but eventually someone needs
> to actually change the system you know.  :)
>
> In short, BookMorph is old.  It has bitrotted because not many people
> are using it and because its core functionality is now in a different
> part of the UI.  Nowadays, projects are used as "pages" of a multi-page
> work.  Instead of a BookMorph, we have project threads.  Instead of a
> navigation bar, we have a navigation flap plus
> InternalNavigationMorph's.  Resorting is still present, but you access
> it via InternalNavigationMorph instead of through the BookMorph toolbar.
>
> Because of this history, I don't see a particular reason to fix up
> BookMorph at all. This is not some random widget, but is designed to be
> a core part of the UI.  The UI doesn't use it any more.  Even if
> BookMorph is fixed up to work well in current Squeak's, it's feature set
> should surely be revisited because most of the stuff just doesn't make
> sense nowadays.  And really, why does it need to be fixed up anyway?
> It is perfectly fine just to delete the thing or even just to mark the
> comment as "no longer supported, but present for historical interest".

Hi Lex,
i think you are a bit harsh with BookMorph. Because, i think they are
much useful
for doing slides presentation than projects ... I'm using BookMorph for
many presentations and if they are not perfect, i think that they have a
role. I also try projects for presentations but i have suffer from a lot
of problems.

--                                                         oooo
Serge Stinckwich                                         OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##