Comanche - Failed primitives in Socket objects

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Jul 14 00:51:03 UTC 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Frantisek Fuka wrote:

> I am not a troll, I just honestly don't know and I'd ve very unhappy,
> if I found out, after debugging the server at home, that it has
> problems serving moderately busy real-world site.

I don't think you'll run into any problems, as long as you make sure to
set the #backlogSize: preference relatively high.

> Another question: Do I understand correctly that Comanche request are
> not "forked"and are handled one-after-another? E.g. while I am
> accessing my database to create a Response for one request, I can be
> certain that another Request cannot mess up my database while I am
> doing this? (Because this is what i want.)

No, that's not correct.  The requests are forked.  If you want to
handle them sequentially, you'll need to mutex them yourself.  But note
that this is pretty incompatible with serving a busy site - you're much
better to use transactional concurrency (what database are you using?)
if you're expecting high traffic.

Avi