Comanche - Failed primitives in Socket objects

Frantisek Fuka fuxoft at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 07:48:35 UTC 2004

> > Another question: Do I understand correctly that Comanche request are
> > not "forked"and are handled one-after-another? E.g. while I am
> > accessing my database to create a Response for one request, I can be
> > certain that another Request cannot mess up my database while I am
> > doing this? (Because this is what i want.)
>
> No, that's not correct.  The requests are forked.  If you want to
> handle them sequentially, you'll need to mutex them yourself.  But note
> that this is pretty incompatible with serving a busy site - you're much
> better to use transactional concurrency (what database are you using?)
> if you're expecting high traffic.

Either I didn't make my question clear or I am now rather confused by
your answer. I thought that the current request is set by using
"HttpRequest>>current:" into some sort of global variable and thus
there cannot be more than one response being generated at one time,
because "HttpRequest current" would then randomly change during the
generating of the response. (Of course, after the resulting
HttpResponse stream is calculated and starts to be served to the
client, there can and will be other requests). Is this not true?

I am using very simple homebrewn database that stores everything in
Dictionaries directly in memory and saves the data to flat files on
disk.

--
Frantisek Fuka (yes, that IS my real name)
(and it's pronounced "Fran-tjee-shek Foo-kah")
My E-Mail: fuka at fuxoft.cz
My Homepage: http://www.fuxoft.cz
My ICQ UIN: 2745855
FFFILM: http://surf.to/fffilm