[BUG] 'chase pointers' only works for 'self' in inspector (was Re:How to explore a Project saving problem, in great detail)

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Jul 15 06:02:51 UTC 2004

Since I've never been able to make 'chase pointers' work (not knowing
that it only worked on self) I don't know exactly what it does, but I
imagine it's something along the lines of Avi's PointerExplorer.
Perhaps it would be better to drop the 'chase pointers' feature and look
at including something built from PointerExplorer (I know it still has a
few issues) instead?  It has the advantage of only opening one level at
a time so it doesn't infinitely recurse.

Actually, reading Andreas' comment again, maybe recursion wasn't the
problem he was referring to?  Anyway, something to consider perhaps.

But if nothing else, it seems like it would be nice to make 'chase
pointers' not show up for anything except self.