The future of SM...

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jul 15 19:40:33 UTC 2004

Hi goran

Just two points from my perspective:

	- SM is a meta-catalog that we will use even if Squat one day delivers
its beauty. In any
  	case during that period of time (I would love to see Squat
successful) we will have learn a lot
	from SM and may be SM will just suck in Squat modules as it is doing
for MC (even if I prefer MC
	than changeset :)).
	We need SM and we need it much better (thanks for your effort). SM is
a core of energy
	for the community. I can go there and see what other have been doing.
This really really 	important.  As soon as we will have bundles
(dependencies between packages) then SM will be 	really really cool.

	- Squat is exciting in the sense that we could have a mini-core on
which "modules" (I do not like
	the term because there is no scoping mechanism in the module of squat
as far as I understood)
	can be loaded. Now may be in a point in the future we will have to
think about the
	interaction between the two. But keep going both :).

Stef