PrettyPrinter strangenesses (3.6 + 3.7beta)

Jochen Riekhof jochen at riekhof.de
Fri Jul 16 19:47:20 UTC 2004

Hi...

I noticed some nasty behaviour with the pretty printing algo. I have it
always on as I love colored source code :-) .

This method
coveredImage
   | form |
   ^ ((form _ self basicCoveredImage) isKindOf: Form)
       ifTrue: [form] ifFalse: [nil]

always deletes the ifFalse: [nil] branch on save. Actually I find no way
to enter the required code without switching of pretty printing
altogether:-(

Also, comments at the end of a method are often removed or moved
somewhere else.
Ah yes, and  typing in intention revealing ^self is also always removed.

Ciao

...Jochen