[FIX] TTCFontSizeRepair-nk ( new version; please review )

ned at squeakland.org ned at squeakland.org
Sun Jul 18 23:01:18 UTC 2004

This one doesn't kill the bold fonts like the last one

from preamble:

"Change Set:		TTCFontSizeRepair-nk
Date:			18 July 2004
Author:			Ned Konz

The changes to the TTCFonts done in CS 5923PSPointSizeFix-nk didn't
clear out the derivative fonts cache.

This left some fonts with a discrepancy between the size of the regular
and bold derivatives.

Where this is noticeable is where you had a default font (perhaps the
window title font or the etoys font) set to a TTCFont (like
ComicSansMS).

This CS forces the TTCFonts with bad derivative sizes to rebuild
themselves.

This fixes a problem with the distribution image and also makes the old
windows look better. It cures the problem that we've seen with bad flap
and window title bar layout with some TTCFonts.

Then it does what it can to update all the users of those fonts.

As a side effect, it updates the buttons of old windows like the ones in
the distribution image.

It also fixes AbstractFont>>textStyle to always answer a TextStyle, even
if we have to create a new one. This avoids problems with some users of
#textStyle.

"!