[ANN] Connectors 2 released on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jul 19 06:56:11 UTC 2004

At long last...

This is the first release of Connectors 2.

The big changes from Connectors 1 are:

* Anti-aliased connectors
* Better text support
* A built-in, extensible graph model, automatically maintained
* EToy support
* Built-in graph iterators with pluggable behavior

Not yet done:

* I have omitted the Project and World support that Connectors 1 had, as it
didn't prove to be all that useful. As soon as I figure out how to merge
documents I may add it back.
* Documentation will be added soon.
* The graph iterators don't have a UI yet.
* Reading in Connectors 1 projects is not yet finished. I will provide this if
there is enough demand.
* When you load a Connectors project into an image, the graph model items if
any that were loaded may be duplicates of existing ones. They have UUIDs, and
so it's easy to see which ones are duplicated; it's just that I couldn't find
a generic way to do merging of the models.

As always, I'm eager to hear of your experiences.

Sorry it took so long!

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz