[BUG] Monticello error when loading Connectors 2.0 (was: RE: Connectors 2 giving me fits when loading in new Squeak 3.7 gamma image)

John R. Pierce john at pierce.name
Wed Jul 21 17:14:35 UTC 2004

Hi Avi,

It appears that if I don't load Monticello into my image and just have
MCInstaller (which comes with 3.7 gamma) then I can load Ned's Connectors 2.0
package just fine.  If I have Monticello installed (which is usual for me to do
since I have like 20 MCZ packages I maintain), then Connectors 2.0 will not
install.

Ned says:

> Try a virgin image without loading Monticello.
> Then if it works, please post a bug report on Monticello for Avi to look at.

> Thanks,
> NEd

I tried what Ned suggests and it worked just fine then.  I guess I am not quite
sure what the problem is other than maybe a merge is trying to happen and I
don't have all the MCVersions on disk.  See attached screen shot for the
specific error.  Any thoughts on what I can do in the usual case where my image
will already have Monticello?  Any workarounds?

Regards,

John

PS - Here's the body of an email I sent to Ned (just so you have it for
diagnostic purposes so you can repeat my conditions)