New Monticello release (was Re: [BUG] Monticello error when loading Connectors 2.0)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jul 22 23:08:54 UTC 2004

On Jul 21, 2004, at 7:39 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> I've just released a new version of Monticello (as well as new
> versions of PackageInfo, PackageInfo-Exporters, and
> PackageInfo-Extras, although these aren't required).   This is mostly
> integrating a number of fixes and enhancements contributed by Ned, as
> well as your optimization for ancestry lookups.

That was version 178; I've just posted version 182.  This integrates a
bug fix for override methods - previously, methods that were 'as yet
unclassified' wouldn't be restored properly if they were overridden and
then the override was unloaded.

Ned, having made this fix, I've also removed your modification that
kept overridden method removals out of patches.  I suspect that we were
trying to solve the same problem, but it may be that I'm still not
understanding the scenario you were supporting.  If you think the
modification still needs to be there, can you describe the use case
that needs it?

Avi