How to improve Squeak (InternalThreadNavigationMorph question)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 24 05:54:23 UTC 2004

Raymond,

Thanks for your suggestions:

On July 17, 2004 02:49 pm, Raymond Asselin wrote:
> Le 2004/07/17, Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> écrivait :
> >There are a few complaints I would have from a UI perspective .. I'll just
> >list them to get it off my mind :)
> >
> >    1) The most confusing thing: If I click on the ITNM middle button and
> >    do "simply close this navigator". it disappears and I do not have any
> >    another way to get back to it, apart from dragging a NEW ITNM. Maybe I
> >    missed something ...
>
> To make it reappears just select in the world menu
>     object(o)/navigation/ThreadNavigator
>
> this will give you a new ITNM and you'll see in the 'middle button' the
> name of your Trhead... just select it.

I guess that's what I was trying to say above :) - it seems to be a unusual
thing to do from UI perspective - we usually go to the object bin for a new
object, so to trag out a new navigation to get access to an existing one that
is "lost" - at least I thought for a long time it was lost...

> >    2) Within Squeak, the presentation pages created as described above
> > are visible on "jump to project" as standalone "projects" - which they
> > are but it would be far more natural if the InternalThreadNavigationMorph
> > (ITNM) becomes a "Parent Project" on the "jump to project" list (or there
> > could be a menu item in world for "presentations/navigations" that would
> > list the ITNMs)  .. the way it is now is confusing because it "flattens"
> > all pages of all presentation I may have and clutters the project list
> > way too much ...
>
> Yes your are right.
>
> >    3) I do not see and easy way to save the presentation, I think that is
> >    what you are describing below
>
> You can save the ITNM as a morph (this will end up with a file .morph)
> but this does not save the projects only the thread.
>
> You probably can save all project of a thread but with a script on a
> workspace may be you will have to create a method in
> InternalNavigationMorph to access the instanceVariable 'listOfPages'.

thanks .... I will try that .. learning with too little time...

Thanks Milan