How to incorporate the m17n changes

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Jul 24 14:57:04 UTC 2004

Hi guys!

Michael Rueger <michael at squeakland.org> wrote:
> Doug Way wrote:
>
> > install. (or there could be some other simple install option)  The
> > important thing is that all the Smalltalk code changes for m17n are
> > built into 3.8, not necessarily the fonts themselves...?
>
> We could have all the language/locale specific date/font files as
> packages. So when revised fonts/translations/images become available
> people would only need to load the updated package, not worrying about
> the details.

Yes. And Doug also wrote about "fonts" and "forms" subdirs - I haven't
looked at this, but if these are simply directories holding resource
files, then I assume it could use the SM filecache instead.

I mean, if the fonts are packages they will be cached locally in the SM
cache anyway.

> Michael

regards, Göran