[unix] "squeak" startup script

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Jul 28 10:35:35 UTC 2004

Hi Lex!

Great script. I had written something similar, but yours is more
convenient to use and covers more cases.

Lex Spoon schrieb:

>The main goal was that a new user can type "squeak" and get the expected
>behavior.

Somehow I don't event want to open a shell and type the word squeak. How
about just clicking on an image file and Squeak shows up? I know this is
still a revolutionary concept on unix, but anyway I did hack something
(a long time ago) that made this at least possible with kde. I think
this was kde 3.0 back then and now some of the icons seem to be broken
with 3.2, but you can still launch an image just by clicking on it. This
also places an additional Squeak entry in the Development submenu of
the KDE menu.

A debian package can be found here.

deb http://laza.homeip.net/debian-non-US unstable non-US
deb-src http://laza.homeip.net/debian-non-US unstable non-US

And there is also the "source" if anyone likes to improve it.

Alex