[OT] Anyone ever going to stop this?

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Jul 30 09:20:32 UTC 2004

Sigh..........

Perhaps those of us living outside the US should begin pressuring our
governments to review their international patent agreements.  It seems
strange that a country would agree to blindly follow another country's
patents, no matter how ridiculous.

Are there provisions for this sort of thing in any of the treaties or do
we just have to start threatening to ignore US software patents until
they regain control of their patent system?

Of course, for all I know, all the other countries are just as bad but
we only hear about the US cases... <shrug>

Pretty sure I'm gonna keep on sorting my photos by date though and they
can go ahead and sue me for it if they really want.

Julian

--
   Julian Fitzell  --  Beta4 Productions
julian at beta4.com  --  http://www.beta4.com