HTML Parsing & Scamper

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Jun 1 15:00:57 UTC 2004

Ramiro Diaz Trepat <ramiro at novamens.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Thank you very much Avi, I am sure that is the problem.
> But now when I try to install the package Network-HTML from SqueakMap I get
> the following error:
>
> "Error occured during install:
> can't find EOCD position"
>
> I really don't have a clue about what's going on, or particullarly what
> EOCD means.

This typically means that you didn't get a proper package file. The
error in question appears in class ZipArchive (you can select "EOCD" and
then pick "more->method strings with it").

I installed the package fine just now, so I think the URL is ok. Try
selecting "download" and then "install" again - download will explicitly
download it and thus perhaps updating the file in your cache.

> By the way, what is the proper way to remove the packages installed with
> SqueakMap?

Hehe, there is no proper way uninstallation of SM packages in general.
Monticello packages can be uninstalled (well, given that we neglect side
effects from class initialization etc) using Monticello.

In future versions of SM you will typically see an "uninstall" choice
for those packages that are indeed packaged in such a way that that
action is possible (like Monticello).

regards, Göran