[BUG] self halt

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 1 21:42:22 UTC 2004

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> > > The immediate fix is to withdraw the update but I suspect a proper fix
> > > is a bit more complex.

> to:
>
>     (self isEmptyList: processList) ifFalse:[
>         self addLastLink: activeProc toList: processList.
>         self transferTo: self wakeHighestPriority]
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> and all should be fine.
Yup, that'll do it ok. I even know how come it was wrong before - I
transliterated the code from a primitive yield I wrote in 1989 (!) for
the Acorn version of BrouHaHa. That vm handled the effect of
transferTo: in the process checking and so had no transferTo analogue.

Testing the original version presuambly had no problems because of the
lack of other processes at that priority. Just goes to show how
important real testing is...

It'll be fixed in the next VMMaker release, which will be out quite
soon.

tim
Strange OpCodes: DPC: Double Precision Crash