[BUG][FIX] OmniBrowser

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Jun 3 10:38:07 UTC 2004

Two months ago, the OnmiBrowser was published
at SqueakMap.

I found a small problem with OBChoiceRequest. To see
the problem, evaluate this statement and dismiss the
menu that appears with a mouse click *outside* the menu.

 OBChoiceRequest
      prompt: 'Select an option or dismiss this prompter. please.'
      labels: #('Remove it'
                   'Remove, then browse senders'
                   'Don''t remove, but show me those senders'
                   'Forget it -- do nothing -- sorry I asked')
  values: #(doRemove removeAndBrowse simpleBrowseSenders nil).

You get an error notifier, as OBChoiceRequest>>defaultAction fails.
Attached you find a proposal for a fix. The solution is very simple:
We have to ensure correct hadling of a zero that is answered by
a PopUpMenu that was dismissed in the way described above.

Greetings, Boris