Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Jun 3 12:10:00 UTC 2004

This bug report and fix is for Squeak 3.7 latest update: #5923

In an MVC environment, the first line of text is
not properly centered. To see the problem, try this
(in MVC):
1. Open a workspace
2. Type in some text into the first line
3. Select the typed text, call up to workspace menu
    and select  more... ->  set alignment...  ->  centered
4. The selection is now centered, but the text itself is not.
5. The problem does not appear when you type into the
second line of the workspace.

The problem is in DisplayScanner>>
  displayLines:in:clippedBy:

The scanner begins type setting before its style atributes are
fully initialized from the text to be displayed.

I posted a similar bug fix at May 31, 2003, but the change set
that I posted then is now outdated by change set #5632.
The attached change set is a revised version which keeps
the fix that was introduced with #5632 (It fixed a problem
with the display of large italics)

Greetings,
Boris