Welcome To...

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Jun 3 17:34:09 UTC 2004

Tim Rowledge wrote:

>The Welcome To... window in the current release is a bit of a mess.
>I've spent a little while trying to improve it but it's not an easy
>thing to do - probably why it's so inadequate right now.

Yes, it could use some improvement.  I currently don't have time to make
major improvements to it... for the Basic 3.7gamma image I was just
going to leave it as-is.  If someone wanted to volunteer to be the
Welcome window maintainer, or perhaps be the maintainer of the Basic
image desktop content in general, that would be great.  At a minimum we
should at least make sure all the links work.

Diego is currently in charge of the Full image desktop/content.

Actually, the Full image (which is the one targetted at beginners) is
probably the one that really needs the basic into stuff about using the
menus, halos, etc.  Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to have in Basic
too.  (Although directions on using the scrollbar seems a bit extreme...
I can't imagine that someone who can turn on a computer doesn't already
know how to use a scrollbar. :-) )

- Doug

(rest of file snipped)