MaClientServer--which method to modify to handle objects?

kwiyi woo kwiyiwoo at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 17:13:41 UTC 2004

Hello Chris,
Thanks for your kind help. I found that I need install both Monticello and SarInstaller to get MaClientServer installed. After installation, it's quite easy to play with.

I have two more questions.

My work is a client server application. What I want to do is to let the client send a request as a string to the server. After processing the request, the server will send the response that is an object to the client who will do further processing.

If I don't make a mistake, the default socket handler of the ma server is to send back an incoming request right back to client. If I want to modify this default action and handle the socket in my own way:
1) Should I modify the method "processRequest: socketAndRequestAssociation" if I run it at socket layer.
2) Which method should I modify to process the request or response as an object if I run it at object layer?

Thanks again
Kwiyi
Chris Muller <afunkyobject at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi again, it was late when I posted below. I now realize you also probably
don't have the most updated version of SarInstaller. Get it here:

http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/75c970ab-dca7-48ee-af42-5a013912c880

and then Ma client server will install fine. I just went back to 3.6 and tried
it and it worked for me.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

- Chris