Macintosh VM plugin building

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 7 12:44:10 UTC 2004

Hi John,

Thanks for the help...

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 09:19:10AM -0700, John M McIntosh wrote:

> On May 30, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:
>
> There is some instructions to build the printjob plugin in the readme
> Building with PrintJobPlugin as internal

Ok, thanks.  I was confused, thinking that PrintJobPlugin was in some way
special.  Perhaps a line could be added to the documentation, indicating
that this is the general method for generating internal plugins, and that
PrintJobPlugin is being used for concreteness.

<some build instructions from the help file snipped>

> In the "Files" tab view
> Select down to the location we want to put the built source
> Sources/src/plugins/vm/intplugins

'Sources/src/vm/intplugins' would seem to be more in line with the
naming convention in the XCode project.

<snipped rest of help file>

I was finally successful building a VM with different internal plugins.
My problem was that the XCode project has 2 versions of sqNamedPrims.h -
one in the generated sources, and one in 'platforms/Mac OS' !?!?  It was
the latter that was being included.  Is this a bug, or is this intended
for some reason?

> >Is there any documentation about building external plugins on
> >MacOS?
> >
> There is a xcode project and resources stuffit doc in the printjob
> plugin source folder which is an example template to build a external
> plugin

Giving this a try next.

Thanks again,
Joshua