Problem with update 5947 changes to SimpleServiceEntry and BFAV2

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Jun 9 14:30:37 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 11:54 pm, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Ken just got a bit stressed out by the BFAV failing to work.

Had he incorporated the BFAV fixes I'd posted along with the FileList fixes? I
find the BFAV quite usable with them.

> And we might want to try to stick to FIXes and
> not enhancements at this point - though I can't say if 5947 was that - I
> haven't looked too closely. Perhaps it was just a rather lenghty fix? :)

5947 was a FIX for the problem of prematurely opening files (and for using
filenames instead of streams in some services, which would prevent their use
on network directories) that had to change a number of methods.

5948 was an ENH that took advantage of the 5947 changes.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/